Complete PDF downloadable instructions can be found here:
– RB26 to LS Coil Conversion Instructions –
Fits RB20, RB25 (non-NEO), and RB26. This kit along with the Wiring Specialties harness fits neatly under the factory RB26 coil cover with no rubbing or touching. Other RB coil covers will not fit. You will also use completely unmodified D585 coils; no cutting the grounding straps, ears, or case. This allows easy track-side coil replacement. The harness fits the coils easily and is removable with no hassle. It also does not interfere with the VCAM cam sensor if equipped. You will reuse your stock RB boots and stock RB springs.
LQ9 coils are durable, powerful, inexpensive, and readily available. Everything your stock coils are not! This conversion also eliminates the stock igniter box which is a common fail point.
Just a bit of data for the people wondering why this conversion is needed: on stock coils we were having plug blowout issues around 17-18psi and misfires at lower revs at WOT. With these coils the misfires are gone and we are at 35psi from a 75mm turbo without a hitch.
– Complete installation instructions
– Mounting bracket
– Mounting hardware
– Free shipping to lower 48 (mounting kit only)- if you are located elsewhere please contact before purchasing
You Will Need:
– Stock RB26 springs and boots
– 6 GM D585 coils AC Delco #10457730
– Wiring Specialties harness #WRS-LS2COIL-RB26