Owners of an R32 GTR using a standalone ECU will find that the factory speed signal from the back of the gauge cluster is very inaccurate or simply does not work at all. For those that want their factory speedometer and odometer to still function but also need an accurate speed signal, this kit is for you. The screenshot of the pictured datalog of a 1/4 mile pass shows this kit in action. Rear wheel speed is immediately detected and the signal is steady and accurate for the entirety of the pass.
Note: Wiring this sensor is like any other three-wire sensor. It is simple but not plug and play.
Benefits of this kit:
– Bolts on with no modifications
– Provides accurate rear wheel speed signal to the ECU using the driveshaft flange as a reluctor
– Tested and proven to be accurate even at slow speeds (below 5mph)
– Able to pick up speed the moment the rear wheels turn
– Perfect for launch control, gear detection, boost by gear, timing by gear, boost by speed, etc.
– Speed sensor bracket
– Black “Cherry” speed sensor with lock nuts
*Note, this kit will not work on the DSS driveshaft due to the aluminum spacer between the output flange and driveshaft flange.